Multimedia Production Assistant
Office of the Pro VC Learning & Teaching
Department of Administration
Nasinu - Valelevu
The Multimedia Production Assistant (MPA) is a crucial member of the Learning Design Team at the Centre for Flexible & E-learning (CFEL). The position undertakes the implementation, support and enhancement of high quality multimedia learning objects and applications for flexible learning at FNU.
The incumbent is expected to:
• Execute multimedia storyboards.
• Use a wide variety of multimedia authoring tools (software and hardware).
• Provide support to teaching staff and students as required for flexible & e-learning.
• Ensure that content specialists comply with copyright procedures regarding the use of audio/visual, printed and online materials for incorporation in multimedia projects.
• Editing online, electronic, print and multimedia content.
• Explore innovative multimedia technology for the effective development of multimedia courseware for flexible & e-learning.
• Plan and schedule multimedia projects.
• Draw up work plans and progress report to the Associate Dean Flexible & E-Learning on the development of multimedia projects.
• Monitor and maintain proper records and archives of multimedia projects.
• Conduct and support training workshops for FNU staff in the areas of multimedia development and multimedia systems.
• Incorporate good practice models from other established educational institutions and relevant literature and adapt them to suit the FNU context for enhancing flexible & e-learning via multimedia use.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in multimedia production or a related field. Multidisciplinary areas may also be considered on the basis of relevant work experience;
• Some experience in relevant role would be an added advantage;
• Demonstrated engagement in the areas of multimedia production, flexible and e-learning;
• Competence with working in online learning or web-based environments;
• Knowledge and experience of working with multimedia production software and hardware;
• Experience assisting with multimedia production workshops and training sessions.
• High level communication skills (written and spoken) in English;
• Competence in using standard PC-based applications;
• The ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines;
• The ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural team environment.
• Work experience in education, film and television, ICT-enabled or publishing environments;
• Capacity to assist academic staff with multimedia production techniques and issues;
• Incorporate the use of Open Education Resources (OERs) in flexible & e-learning;
• Experience in the use of e-learning authoring tools.
Base salary of FJ$22, 931.00 plus 5% superannuation
All Rights Reserved. © 2020
Fiji National University
Design By :