HR Administration Manager
Division of Human Resources
Department of Administration
Nasinu - Valelevu
The HR Administration Manager, position requires the incumbent to work closely with the Director of Human Resources and assist him/her in the strategic and operational aspects of the HR Division. The position holder is expected to be responsible for the management of physical, financial and human resources of the Division. Providing relevant and timely support on policy matters is an integral part of this role. The Manager will manage and support all staff of the HR Director’s Office. She/he will be responsible for proactively developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders of the University with a view of assisting the Director in achieving strategic goals set for the HR Division. This is a senior position within the Division and as such the position holder is expected to work with a significant degree of autonomy but seek directions from the Director on key issues surrounding operations and strategy.
• The capacity to develop and implement strategy and to initiate and implement change in a complex, multicultural environment.
• Planning and coordinating administrative procedures and systems and devising ways to streamline processes
• Develops and maintains a trusted relationship with all stakeholders including colleges and divisions. Partners with internal stakeholders to design HR strategies to meet the evolving needs of various internal stakeholders and ensures strategies align with labour trends and best practices.
• Maintains the organisation structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all HR positions
• To advise DHR on matters relating to staffing needs of the Division including workforce planning.
• To work collaboratively with all HR Department Heads and their staff within HR to achieve set goals and targets.
• In conjunction with the DHR, ensuring all University policies and procedures are up to date in line with current employment law. Ensuring line managers are up to date with changes to any policies and adhere to the same.
• Prepare HR annual budgets and associated strategic documents as well as monitor monthly variance reports.
• Prepare relevant reports for university council and council sub-committees such as Human Resource Committee (HRC) and Financial Resources Committee (FRC) and to take minutes at confidential meetings.
• Ensure that the Division assets and accommodation are maintained and managed to promote productivity.
• Planning, organizing, and controlling the activities and actions of the Division of HR.
• Keeps track of the budget for all College/Division and files reports accordingly.
• Work collaboratively with HR Partners and other departments within HR to achieve set goals and targets.
• To develop, utilise and maintain HR systems and controls for tracking HR-related processes and project initiatives. Examples include using UIMS (University Integrated Management System) databases and dashboards to track recruitment progress and employment records for planning, reporting and compliance. The position holder will be responsible for the integrity of the HR’s data and processes within this department and will ensure seamless flow information through to the other internal stakeholders. This includes working with the HR Analytics & Technology department to ensure that relevant tools and dashboards are developed for internal stakeholder reporting.
• Ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
• To undertake special projects assigned by Director Human Resources from time to time.
• A recognised bachelor’s degree
• At least 5 years of experience covering various aspects of HR;
• Demonstrated experience in a management role with staff supervision responsibilities;
• Excellent people skills and must have excellent written English skills,
• Able to solve complex HR problems; work autonomously to achieve goals with minimal supervision and knowledge of legislative requirements.
• Member of Fiji Human Resources Institute.
• Postgraduate qualifications in a relevant field;
• Experience in the tertiary education sector;
• Experience working in an HR department in a university/tertiary institute or working in a large organisation in HR and or management positions;
• Experience in working with HRIS systems.
Base salary of FJ$43,635.00 plus 5% superannuation
All Rights Reserved. © 2020
Fiji National University
Design By :