Open Educational Resources Technologist (Re-advertised)
Office of the Pro VC Learning & Teaching
PVC – Learning & Teaching
Nasinu - Valelevu
The Open Educational Resources Technologist (OERT) is a key member of the Teaching Enhancement Team at the Centre for Learning and Teaching Enhancement (CLTE). The OERT will provide high quality resource and site design, coordination and support for mainstreaming OER at FNU. The OERT reports directly to the Associate Dean Learning and Teaching Enhancement (ADLTE).
The incumbent is expected to:
• Assist the ADLTE with the development of a strategy for the application of OER at FNU, as well as planning how it should be utilised.
• Assist the ADLTE with the integration of OER methodology into existing policies and other relevant documents to enhance the application and utilisation of OER at FNU.
• Facilitate the implementation of an OER strategy and the development of an OER database.
• Report on the current status of OER adoption at FNU.
• Develop and maintain a website which focuses on FNU OER projects, resources and data.
• Actively seek feedback for the continuous improvement of OER content, projects, policies and processes.
• Track the savings from OER adoption and highlight the savings resulting from OER projects.
• Provide training, advice and instructional resources to academic staff and students in relation to searching, selection, creation and repurposing of OER.
• Provide analytics reports and expert interpretation regarding deployment of OER.
• Submit and update monthly reports on OER activities to ADLTE.
• Assist ADLTE to write competitive bids for external/internal funding that support OER advocacy at FNU.
• Network and advocate the application of OER at FNU.
• Develop a sustainability plan for OER continuity at FNU.
• Bachelors degree in educational technology, information science, or software engineering.
• Knowledge and understanding of copyright, open licensing options, fair use, author rights, archiving rights, institutional repositories, scholarly publishing, associated legal and policy issues.
• Experience developing web applications and cross-platform mobile apps.
• Solid knowledge and experience with the object-oriented paradigm and design patterns.
• Solid working knowledge with version control systems such as git to manage project artifacts.
• Knowledge and understanding of open source technologies, systems, hardware and software associated with open systems and the application of technology in curriculum.
• Experience leading peer mentoring programs, facilitating trainings or educational workshops.
• A postgraduate qualification in educational technology, information science, or software engineering.
• 3 years work experience in secondary/tertiary teaching would be an added advantage.
• Experience with Learning Management Systems such as Moodle.
• Experience in graphic design and proficiency in front-end development.
• Ability to utilise data and metrics to communicate impact.
Base salary of FJ$34,105.00 plus 5% superannuation
All Rights Reserved. © 2020
Fiji National University
Design By :