Associate Professor in Dietetics & Nutrition
College of Medicine, Nursing & Health Sciences
Department of Primary Care & Nutrition
The primary role of the incumbent is to teach, research/publish, consult, and provide general administration support to teaching within the section the staff is appointed, Conducts seminars, workshops and visits to appropriate organizations to enhance the delivery of the program. The role will involve planning and teaching programmes of study, assist in programme curricular development, assessing Student progress and provide advice and guidance to your Students, acting as a mentor where necessary to department staff members. Other duties may include assisting with the enrollment of Students and the preparation of their personal study programmes amongst others.
An Associate Professor in Dietetics & Nutrition will be well known in their field, they will have a national profile and will likely collaborate internationally. They are likely to have chaired sessions at international conferences and be invited to give talks at academic meetings in Fiji and overseas. They will have a significant research/scholarship record, some of which will be in high profile international journals, or other appropriate outlets, in their field. The Associate Professor in Dietetics & Nutrition will show significant academic leadership. They will link their research to their teaching and develop new papers and courses inspired by their research expertise. They must have clear evidence of good teaching performance.
• PhD in Human Nutrition or any other relevant discipline with either a formal tertiary teaching qualification or at least 10 years tertiary teaching experience.
• Significant research/scholarship record some of which will be in high profile international journals
• Clear evidence of good teaching performance
• Track record of success in securing research funding from external sources
• Capacity to co-ordinate and/or lead other staff
• Show significant academic leadership and be involved in senior university service
Base salary of FJ$94,545.00 plus 5% superannuation.
All Rights Reserved. © 2020
Fiji National University
Design By :