Assistant Professor in Language and Literature
College of Humanities & Education
Department of Language & Literature
An Assistant Professor has developed his/her own research and teaching interests and is becoming known nationally and internationally for his/her work. They will publish regularly in peer-reviewed international journals or other appropriate outlets and are likely to have edited collections of work or meeting proceedings. They will also have chaired sessions at, or have been part of, the organising committees of academic conferences or relevant disciplinary meetings. They should be beginning to show Academic Leadership in their teaching and/or their research speciality and be involved in administrative duties at least at the Department/School level.
The appointee will be responsible to:
• develop subject materials and new courses
• prepare and deliver lectures and seminars
• co-ordinate courses and conduct tutorials, practical classes, workshops and field visits
• contribute to the design and development of new teaching programs
• undertake marking and assessment associated with the courses in which he/she teaches
• consult, counsel and mentor the students and other junior staff
• contribute to the University’s research activities and output by developing and undertaking research compatible with the School and University research plans and priority areas.
• Perform collaborative research with industry and outside bodies as appropriate
• attract research funding through applications to external funding sources
• supervise honours and postgraduate students
• undertake administrative duties as required by the College/University College and/or University meetings and/or membership of committees as required.
• work cooperatively with the academic and general staff on both academic and administrative tasks
• contribute to both the local and cross-campus teaching activities of the school.
• PhD in Language and/or Literature.
• Research Active.
• Demonstrate curriculum development experience.
• Have knowledge on blended or online delivery modes of learning and teaching.
• Academic leadership
• Administrative duties
• Demonstrates evidence of ongoing publications in ranked journals
Base salary FJ$56,942.00 plus 5% superannuation.
All Rights Reserved. © 2020
Fiji National University
Design By :