CHIPSR – Research Fellow (3 year Project Based)
College of Medicine, Nursing & Health Sciences
Department of Administration
Suva – Hoodless House
The Centre for Health Information, Policy and Systems Research (CHIPS-R) was established to conduct evidence-based research towards the development of national policies that address sustainable health care financing and equitable health services for Fiji and the region. It works collaboratively with multiple partners and institutions both within the region and globally. It is funded primarily through research grants and project funding. The role of the Research Fellow is to assist the Associate Dean Research, with the support and Research Officer- Health Economics and Research Assistant with tasks in line with the aims and objectives of the centre. This will include proposal development, taking the lead role in data collection, analysis, results dissemination through manuscript and report writing.
Research Fellows are PhD graduates or nearing completion of their doctoral studies. Fellows are required to impart knowledge through teaching as allocated by the School, research governance/publication, consultancy and administration. The Fellow is expected to undertake (primary and secondary) research and administer research projects. He/she will be required to produce research publications in their area of expertise and prepare and submit project proposals funding.
• A health-related PhD or Masters in Public Health or Epidemiology or Biostatistics, Family Health or similar from a recognised university
• Must possess a medical degree
• Strong research experience in health governance issues such as health systems strengthening, one health and/ or building capacity for health professionals
• Proven research track record on topical issues such as health information systems and/or Universal Access to Health, and/or NCDs, and/or Injuries and/or civil registration
• Proven experience in public health tertiary teaching and curriculum development
• Record of publication of health-related articles in peer-reviewed journals
• Must have knowledge of research software programs (EndNote, SPSS etc)
• Demonstrated high-level project management skills in all aspects of research projects
• Demonstrated skills in the design of research instruments and the analysis of quantitative data and/or qualitative data
• Ability to work on multiple activities under the project and meet deadlines
• Ability to think analytically and strategically
• Ability to provide support for the development of appropriate proposals for project bidding
• Possess a valid driver's license
An attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and abilities will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
All Rights Reserved. © 2020
Fiji National University
Design By :